Hi Guys and Dolls!
This is my first ever recipe post! It’s not something I had ever planned to include on the blog, however it felt like a natural addition right now.
I used to work as a Barista while I was in school, and as I say – Once a Barista, always a Barista! I’m constantly making up new, yummy drinks in the kitchen – It’s something I definitely have a lot of fun with so I figured it was time to share.
I’m not one for measuring out ingredients, however I’ll do my best to give you amounts. I like to use a Blender Bottle (28-Ounce) when I’m mixing cold drinks, as it’s the perfect serving size, and works well for eyeballing ingredients!
If you give this a try, please let me know in the comments.
- Silk, Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
- Chapman’s, Vanilla Lactose-Free Ice Cream
- Lindt, Sea Salt Dark Chocolate (bar)
- Starbucks, Pike Place Coffee (regular or decaf)
- Gay Lea, Real coconut Whipped Cream
- Ice cubes
1. Place (3) pieces of Lindt chocolate in a small or regular sized coffee mug. Add approximately (1) tablespoon of honey. Microwave for approximately 40 seconds or until melted.
2. Using a pour-over coffee maker, brew two scoops of coffee into the same mug. Add a dash of cinnamon in with the grounds.
Depending on the day, I like to either use caffeinated coffee, decaf or a scoop of each to make half-caf. You can use your favourite coffee, however I find ones with a bolder taste like Starbuck’s Pike Place work best.
3. Give the mug a quick stir once the coffee is brewed into it.
4. Fill Blender Bottle approximately (3/4) with ice cubes.
5. Pour almond milk over the ice until the bottle is approximately half full (1/2).
6. Pour mug containing the mix of coffee, honey, and chocolate into the bottle.
7. Fill the rest of the bottle with ice cream – Approximately (3) medium scoops.
8. Pour everything from the Blender Bottle into a blender. You can choose to liquify or crush, depending on the texture you prefer – I personally prefer to liquify for a smoother texture.
9. Pour contents from the blender back into the blender bottle.
10. Top with coconut whipped cream and a light dusting of cinnamon.